CLARKDALE GETS ITS LIBRARY BACK
Celebrates Grand Re-Opening and 90th Birthday
Closed since July 1st, Clark Memorial Library (CML) will once again open its doors to the public. A grand three-day celebration kicks off on Thursday, October 19, at 10 am with a book sale that is epic, even by CML standards. The Grand Re-Opening Ceremony starts at 1pm, and features the Jerome Ukulele Orchestra, Mingus Union Honors Choir, honored guest speakers, and ends with a ribbon-cutting, birthday cake, and ice cream.
Library District Director Corey Christians stated, “This Grand Re-Opening and birthday celebration is the culmination of many months of work between the Yavapai County Free Library District, the Town of Clarkdale and the Friends of the Clark Memorial Library. District 3 Supervisor Randy Garrison played a key role in making this proposal a reality. Partnerships such as this one are the keystone of effective government. The public demand to reinstate library services played a pivotal role in reinvigorating this community landmark of 90 years. The community of Clarkdale should be proud of their civic commitment and participation.”
Fun and exciting activities for kids, book lovers, and the whole community include:
- Thursday 10am – 8pm: Book Sale in the auditorium
- Thursday 1pm – 2pm: Grand Re-Opening Ceremony
- Thursday 2pm – 3pm: Birthday Celebration
- Thursday 4-6: Meet the author
- Thursday 7pm: Grand Raffle Prize Drawing
- Friday 10am: Pre-School Storytime
- Friday 3pm: Fun with Music, Movement, and Rhythm Instruments workshop with Cynthia Strom
- Saturday 10am: Kids Create Cartoons & Comics cartooning workshop with Michael Gallagher
- Saturday 3pm: Library Games for the Young at Heart treasure hunt for the whole family
Click here for more info on the festivities!