County Libraries Return to Curbside Service Only
Patron and Staff Safety is Top Priority for Library District
Location: Yavapai County
Balancing Safety and Service
All 15 Yavapai County Free Library District branches [see Locations tab above] will return to curbside-only service beginning this Thursday, August 5th. Curbside pickup will be available during normal open hours. Masks will be required for staff and patrons are encouraged to wear a mask when interacting.
These safety measures come from an abundance of caution and to be consistent with countywide recommendations. We appreciate our patrons’ patience and understanding. For questions, please visit ycfld.org or call your local branch library for updates.
To use curbside pickup:
- Visit ycfld.org to browse or search the library catalog. [Don't have internet at home or not sure what you want? Call your library staff and ask them to pick something out for you!]
- Place hold[s] through the online catalog [Call/email your branch library if you would like help placing your holds].
- When your items arrive at the library, you will be notified.
- Come to the library during open hours. If you have a cell phone, call the branch phone number when you arrive to pick up your items. If you don't, call from home and arrange a time for pickup.
- Open your trunk and stay in the vehicle.
- Library staff will bring your items out and put them in the trunk after verifying your identity. We take your privacy and the security of your account seriously and want to make sure everyone gets their own items.
Library Access from Home
Remember, if you have internet at home, the library is never closed! Our vast digital collections give card holders 24/7 free access to eBooks, audiobooks, eMagazines, online newspapers, classes, and much more at ycfld.org/resources. If you don't already have a library card, you can get one online for access to all our digital resources at ycfld.org/selfreg.
If you are experiencing flu symptoms, please stay home and take care of yourself.
- COVID-19 vaccines are safe and effective at preventing COVID-19 disease, especially severe illness, and death.
- COVID-19 vaccines reduce the risk of people spreading the virus that causes COVID-19.
- You may have side effects after vaccination. These are normal and should go away in a few days.
Visit the CDC website for more information on vaccines.
Please refer to the links below for frequently asked questions and updates or call the Yavapai County Health Department at 1-844-542-8201.
For official updates about the coronavirus go to the
- Arizona Department of Health Services www.AZDHS.gov
- Yavapai County Community Health Services www.yavapaiaz.gov/chs
- YCCHS Facebook Page www.Facebook.com/YCCHS.
Additional recommended resources regarding COVID-19 include:
The Yavapai County Free Library District (YCFLD) operates fifteen branch libraries, most in unincorporated communities. The YCFLD also partially funds individual municipal libraries and fully funds the Yavapai Library Network (YLN) operations, supporting a consortium of more than 40 public, academic, school and museum libraries in Yavapai County.
YCFLD was established in 1987 by the Yavapai County Board of Supervisors.